Supplier Diversity strengthens us all
We share a vision of a workplace rooted in diversity and recognize that diversity benefits us all. We actively seek to bring diverse businesses into our network of suppliers, including minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, disabled-owned or LGBT-owned companies. We currently partner with 4,467 diverse and small suppliers.
Leading by example
“At Sodexo, we believe the strength of our company is rooted in diversity – and that includes a diversity of suppliers. Our suppliers not only provide valuable products and services, they also provide valuable ideas and perspectives. And, the companies we work with can introduce us to new communities where we can grow and contribute and get even better at providing Quality of Life services.”
— Lorna Donatone CEO Geographic Regions and Region Chair for North America
NBIC 2017 Best of the Best Corporation for Inclusion Award
For a second year in a row Sodexo was named NBIC’s Best of the Best Award. 2017 Best-of-the-Best Corporation includes the completion of a detailed survey of an organization’s Supplier Diversity initiatives, EBRG’s and workplace engagement opportunities which include, a diverse marketplace and community engagements. Additionally, a detailed report of policies and achievements in the diversity and inclusion space--along with recognition or ratings such as the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality, the U.S. Business Leadership Network’s Disability Equality Index, or Diversity Inc.’s Top 50 is weighted and reviewed by a committee of NBIC leaders.
National Business Inclusion Consortium was formed by NGLCC in 2011, and its members represent a total of over $9 trillion in annual economic strength and significant contributions to the marketplace and workplace. Only companies achieving industry leading results across all diverse segments are eligible to receive the prestigious Best-of-the-Best designation from the NBIC, whose members include the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC); US Black Chambers, Inc. (USBC); U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC); U.S. Pan Asian American Chamber of Commerce (USPAAC); U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN); Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC); and WEConnect International.
Sodexo’s Vendor Partner meeting took place on June 12, 2017 in Bethesda, MD. During this meeting, Supply Management, Offer Development and the Operating Divisions provide an update to our Vendor Partners on Sodexo’s strategic direction.
Congratulations to the following diverse vendors who were nominated:
Midwest Foods won the award for the Strategic Diverse Vendor of the Year
Midwest Foods demonstrates a strategic and collaborative approach when working with Sodexo by supporting our initiative to increase the availability of local and sustainable products in our operations. Over the past four years, this partner has developed an approach to expand the availability and selection of local products by partnering with more than 35 different farms. They have also collaborated with Sodexo to align their resources to focus on designing solutions that create value for our clients and guests, supporting the Real Food Challenge, partnering with local minority businesses and conducting and training our operators on how to offer local Farmers Markets.
Doing business with Sodexo
Opportunities for diverse suppliers range from regional to national contracts. Among the products and services for which we contract:
- Consulting services
- Equipment for foodservice, facilities and environmental services
- Equipment repair (electrical, HVAC, kitchen, plumbing and mechanical)
- Food products
- Local services (linen, hood and duct cleaning, florists, carpet cleaning, window washing, etc.)
- Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) supplies
- Paper for food, janitorial and smallwares
- Security services
- Temporary labor (foodservice, housekeeping)
- Vending services
Learn more about pursuing business opportunities with Sodexo.
Register to be a diverse supplier
If you are a diverse supplier and wish to be considered for potential business opportunities, please see the registration details below:
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo’s Supplier Diversity. If you are a diverse vendor, please register in our supplier diversity registration portal. If you have issues with the website please contact IVS Solutions by phone 240 487 0295 or email. All suppliers must complete their profile, as well as attach the following documents:
- A copy of your current, valid Diversity Certification
- A list of your products and services
- Company history and capabilities overview
Upon completing this process, your information will electronically be forwarded to the appropriate supply manager for review. It is required that Supply Management review this database for potential qualified diverse vendors to include in all RFP/RFI opportunities.
If you have any questions, contact Supplier Diversity.
In order to be considered a diverse business, your company must be at least 51% owned, controlled and managed by a U.S. citizen who is:
- African American
- Asian American
- Hispanic American
- Native American
- A business owned by a non-minority woman
Service Disabled Vetrans
Sodexo requires certification from one of the following sources:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) regional councils
- Women's Business Enterprises National Council (WBENC) regional councils
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- U.S. Business Leadership Network (USBLN)
- City or county certification
- State certification
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
We expect all our contracted suppliers to:
- Satisfactorily pass the required food safety inspection/audit
- Provide up to $5 million of insurance naming Sodexo as a certificate holder over the term of our agreement
- Sign an Indemnification Statement
- Provide Sodexo with a competitive pricing program
- Provide a product or service of consistently high quality that meets our specifications
- Support our operating units and our distributors (if applicable) with superior service
- Work as our partner to grow business to mutually benefit both companies