Environment, Health and Safety is an integral part of Sodexo’s mission to improve Quality of Life. Sodexo is committed to achieving a global health and safety culture and world-class health and safety performance. We believe that integrating health and safety into everything we do will minimize risk to people and property.
Employee well-being is critically important to our clients and to Sodexo at more than 9,000 accounts. Every employee must understand as a fundamental job responsibility, and a condition of employment, that no job is so important that safety can be a secondary consideration. Striving for an injury-, illness- and loss-free work environment are central to Sodexo’s programs, policies and protocol for employees, customers and the communities in which we work and live.
To ensure high safety standards, Sodexo:
- Implements Global Health & Safety and North American Health & Safety Policies
- Reinforces safe behaviors with continual training and vigilance
- Harmonizes health & safety management systems
- Conducts site safety inspections to identify, and eliminate or control, hazards
- Contracts third parties to conduct over 6,000 audits to assess our safety program effectiveness
- Defines, tracks and includes safety indicators as part of our performance evaluation
OHSAS Certification and Accreditation
Sodexo is certified and accredited by OHSAS 18001: Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series through International Strategic Registrations
To learn more, download a PDF of our Environment, Health & Safety Benefits.